It can be scary to get a reading. It takes a lot of trust – in yourself, in your reader, and in the Powers – to begin embracing all the ways divination can help you navigate your life and reach your highest potential. You deserve to know that your reader will do their very best to support your journey while encouraging constructive growth and empowering you to succeed.
So here are my promises to you, my client:
I always act with integrity.
- I am clear about what my divination services can (and cannot) do for you. Yes, they can guide you through whatever rough spot you may be experiencing. No, they cannot predict winning Powerball numbers (or I’d be in Tahiti with a mai-tai right now).
- I respond to all questions to the best of my ability. I do not answer questions that I am not capable of answering, am not qualified to answer, or that I find to be unethical. This includes but is not limited to legal, financial, medical, and mental health questions. Should any of those come up I will refer you to a certified specialist.
- I do not read for anyone under the age of 18 without a parent or guardian present. I also do not read about an absent third party or for anyone chemically altered.
- I state my fee up-front and answer any logistics questions prior to beginning a reading.
- All readings are confidential. I do not share any details of a reading without express permission. The only exceptions are life-threatening situations, which are reported to the applicable authorities as required by law.
I always respect my clients.
- I celebrate my clients for the unique and diverse people they are. I welcome clients of all spiritual/religious paths, gender identifications, sexual and romantic orientations, relationship dynamics, lifestyle choices, races, ethnic or cultural backgrounds, socio-economic backgrounds, political affiliations, physical or mental health statuses, etc etc etc. I invite my clients to share these details, or not, as suits their personal comfort level.
- I do not push my faith on another and am happy to refer to spiritual matters using any terminology preferred by the client.
- My clients have my full attention for the duration of the reading and during any and all communications. I am on time for appointments and provide a safe and welcoming environment, accommodating any special needs to the best of my ability.
- I work from a basis of Consent Culture. Part of that is recognizing that a client can say “no” at any time during a reading, for any reason, without pressure or kickback. That includes terminating the reading before completion, making certain topics off-limits during a reading, and refusing to elaborate on issues or topics that may come up. I reserve the same rights for myself. If a client terminates a reading their fee is non-refundable. If I terminate a reading a full refund will be immediately made.
- My goal is the highest good of my clients. I refuse to act in any way that could cause harm or overt distress.
I always honor my client’s personal power.
- I actively encourage clients to ask questions during the reading and to take notes in whatever way is most convenient for them. This is their reading and they are entitled to every bit of information I can possibly provide.
- Many people turn to Tarot when emotionally vulnerable. In acknowledgment of that, I am careful to encourage responsibility and nurture empowerment in my clients. I tread gently in potentially triggering areas and respect all stated limits.
- I strive to give my clients practical ways to engage with their lives and fulfill their potential. To that end, I often suggest follow-up actions, positive affirmations, images for meditation and contemplation, and topics for further research. Any recommendations involving a purchase (such as stones or candles) have no bearing on the reading, are always at the client’s discretion, and can be acquired from any vendor.
- A reading is designed to be an enlightening and supportive experience. I share any intuition, insight, experience, etc I may have towards that purpose, but decisions made or actions taken after a reading are solely the responsibility of the client.
- I do not allow my clients to become overly dependent upon my services. Should that become a concern I will refuse further readings for that client.
Still have questions? Please ask!